Restaurant and leisure consultants | Food That Delights
Help has been successfully given to a number of businesses within the restaurant and leisure sectors to, among other things, improve operations, set strategy, raise funds for growth or to roll out a franchise model, or dispose of operations.
Sums raised have ranged from as little as £250,000 up to £67m. We work with the clients to write the structure of a business plan (having satisfied ourselves it is robust) and then when refined with suitable financial supporting documentation help identify suitable private equity investors, banks, high net worth investors and business angels to approach. Given our intimate knowledge and connections within this sector, we can also help our clients with their presentations to these funders.
We provide a wide range of services within the leisure sector, which include:
- Operational support;
- Identify address and resolve issues within underperforming businesses;
- Strategic advice;
- Chairman, CEO and Non-Executive Director roles;
- Business plan writing;
- Raising finance;
- Liaison with banks and private equity investors;
- Assistance with start-up business; and
- Business sales, pre-pack administrations and bridging finance.
Our experience includes the following assignments:
- Raising £67m to acquire Brannigans and acted as CEO for 18 months.
- Raising £4m for two Midlands-based conference centres and acted as Non-Executive Chairman for three years.
- Helping a cake business expand through UK growth and overseas franchise, whilst identifying a funder to invest funds to aid the growth. Acted as consultant through this phase.
- Acting as Non-Executive Chairman of Discovery Attractions, a company set up for the development of themed visitor attractions (including Discover Robin Hood) that each needed circa £15m of capital. This is an ongoing project.
- Raising funds for niche/high class famous fish restaurant and oyster bar in London to change location and grow event catering business. £5.5m raise underway and nearing completion.
- Undertaking three refinancings for Global Tote to expand its betting business in Spain.
- Rolling out a UK national chain of restaurants from 46 to 72 in 12 months for a large PLC.
- Selling a number of restaurants, including two branded 11 strong chains for major PLCs.
- Setting up from scratch a pub/restaurant in Berkshire from a shell to trade of £14k per week, within 12 weeks.
- Helping a number of businesses reposition to meet market needs.